Student Health Resources

The Office of Student Affairs currently offers a life coaching approach to assisting students in dealing with personal difficulties in order to encourage and help navigate students through these imperative moments of their college careers. Any student who needs to speak to someone about these type of situations can contact the Director of Student Affairs, Blaina Tallent Best, to set-up an appointment or stop by the Office of Student Affairs.

Students can receive general health care services by visiting one of the many facilities that are available in Monroe County. Some of these facilities are minutes away from the campus. These include Chota Community Health Services, Fast Pace Urgent Care Clinic, Madisonville Primary Care, and the Sweetwater Hospital Association. Transportation can be arranged for students who need it through the Office of Student Affairs. Please contact 911 in the event of a medical emergency. 

When needed, students can receive mental health services through Hiwassee Mental Health in Madisonville, TN. To discuss this option or for assistance in arranging an appointment with Hiwassee Mental Health, students can visit the Office of Student Affairs or click here. Transportation can also be arranged for students who need it. During a mental health crisis, please contact the Mental Health Crisis Center at 1-800-704-2651.

Additionally, students can make an appointment with the Hiwassee College Dental Hygiene Clinic for multiple dental needs. Please contact the Clinic at 423-420-1244 for more details.  

For additional information regarding student health resources please contact Blaina Tallent Best in the Office of Student Affairs, located on the administration level of the Barker Learning Center.